- Pray specific Scripture for them and their ministry, and then email/mail the prayer to them.
- Donate frequent flier miles to them or sponsor a family vacation for the whole family.
- Purchase an iTunes gift card for them.
- Keep track of the family’s birthdays and send cards to each family member.
- Provide books, DVD series, bible studies, Christian music, etc. to the family.
- Send them a care package once a quarter with goodies, gifts, snacks, and a note of encouragement/prayer.
- Find out if their kids have any particular needs – clothing, shoes, games, books, etc.
- Send them a gift card for a Bible Study platform like OliveTree or Logos.
- Make a monthly commitment to support them financially. This can be on an individual basis, as a Sunday school/small group, or as an entire church family.
- Lead your church in officially adopting the missionary family in prayer. Get on the missionary’s newsletter list and lead regular prayer times for the family and the ongoing ministry.
If you would like to adopt one of our North American Mission Board or International Mission Board missionaries in Prayer, just let me know & I will put you in contact with the right people! (firstname.lastname@example.org) We can connect you with one of our missionary families in one of our Send Cities or other areas of interest.
Encouraging the saints should be on the “To-Do List” of us all. What a joy it is to hear what God is doing in their lives and ministry! It emboldens my faith and expands my view of what God is doing around the world!
Download this list as a PDF to use in your church or ministry.