5 Ways to Be Missional
Being Missional is not an event or a project that we just add on to our busy schedule. As Christians, being missional is a lifestyle. We are to be salt and light and make disciples as we go. We can be missional in everyday ways through our normal routine & activities. Here are a few ideas to live missionally on the go:
- Eat with Non-Christians. Make a focused attempt to eat with folks outside of the Christian culture. Use the time to develop deeper relationships & share life with others.
- Get outside. Go on a walk or hang out in a park. Be deliberate in your walk. Get to know people & strike up conversations. Take the dog or the kids & engage people intentionally. Take interest in your neighbors. Ask questions. Pray as you go.
- Be a Regular. Go to the same places for gas, groceries, haircuts, eating out, and coffee. Get to know the staff on a personal level.
- Hobby with Non-Christians. Pick a hobby that you can share and enjoy with others. Try city league sports, local rowing, or cycling teams. Or you can engage with others by teaching a hobby. Teach tennis lessons, gardening, guitar, knitting, or photography. Be prayerful. Be intentional.
- Participate in Community Events. Go to local festivals, concerts, or fundraisers. Participate missionally. Strike up spiritual conversations. Pray for the city. Love the city. Participate with the community.